December 25, 2008

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas...

Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I want to send a special holiday wish to all my fellow nurses. While many of us will be able to celebrate with family and friends over the weekend or have already spent fun time with family and friends earlier in the week, there is still something a little sad about being alone on the actual days of the holiday season. Especially working the night shift, there really is no time to be able to spend with anyone in between shifts (unless you risk getting no sleep and ending up being cranky for later festivities). I know we are all extremely grateful to have a job we enjoy, and probably even more grateful for the time and a half we get for working the holidays! But even among the joy felt at this time of year, there is always a twinge of sadness and loneliness that rears its ugly head at those of us alone on Christmas Day. So I would like to say thank you to my "family" of nurses who will be celebrating today with me, and a VERY VERY special Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Rockin' New Year to all my fellow nurses who understand this ambiguous feeling when working on Christmas Day!

And just for fun, here are a few pictures of my family!


Cohen all bundled up to play outside!




Melanie, Kyle, & I goofing around...
Dad, Kyle, Melanie, & I...
Kyle & Marissa



Christian, Melanie, Mom, Kyle, & I...




Kyle & I in New York last year...



Melanie & I at Thanksgiving this year.



The cutest little Santa you've ever seen!!



Checking out those presents...





MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: