October 19, 2008

Christmas

I started getting my Christmas decorations out the other day, even though it's October and still about 90 degrees outside. :) I'm so super excited about it, it's not even funny! I turned up the Christmas tunes (Amy Grant's White Christmas, my favorite) and unpacked the festiveness! Honestly, my apartment is not big enough for all the decorations I have, so I'm having a hard time deciding where to put things. I like that this is going to end up being a several week long process. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My apartment this year is also not big enough for my 9 foot Christmas tree (I'm fighting back tears as I type). So my options are to use it anyway and have Christmas Mr. Willaby style, leave it in the box until next year (SO sad) and get a smaller artificial tree, or wait until the first of December and go get a real tree for this year. I would love the smell of a real tree, but I can't carry one by myself (nudge nudge, Melanie!) and I'm not sure I would be good at remembering to water it. I would hate for it to die before Christmas. I also don't like to wait until December to put up my tree. Christmas is just too much fun to enjoy for only one month! But I also don't want to spend tons of money on another artificial tree when I have a perfect one in the closet!! Any ideas? What should I do?

And just for fun, here are a few pictures of Christmas in New York last year! Happy Holidays!

Making cookies for the Christmas Cookie Party.



Cohen and I when they came to visit...he was so small!!


Fun family photo (not sure where Christian was...sorry!)






The beautiful tree in Rockefeller Center!





Tony Bennett warming up for the tree lighting performance.




The Rockefeller tree all lit up!!!





My kitchen Christmas tree...





My living room Christmas tree... :)




I hope you all have a fun and festive decorating season!!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

How fun...Christian won't let me put ours out until after Thanksgiving. Ahhh, the memories of NYC...we had a blast. Maybe we can plan to go back again someday!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so proud of your Christmas decorating! I suggest you go get a smaller tree for this apt, then next year if you are in a bigger place, you could put up BOTH trees!!! One in the living room & one somewhere else. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Much Love - MOM

Leslye said...

How fun! I can not wait to get our my Christmas decorations! I think I almost have Joey talked into at least getting it our and getting the tree up before we leave to visit family at Thanksgiving. Then we can get it all decorated as soon as we get back! I dont think he's going to go for any sooner than that! Have fun decking the halls!

the campbell family said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I've met you at Grapevine C of C and I check out your blog through Melanies. I was bummed too about the whole apartment/christmas tree thing so we bought a 3 foot tabletop tree and it's on the buffet in our "dining room". Works well for now! And I too am a little Christmas obsessed, it's too much fun not to be.