February 22, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

I have fallen off the face of the blogging world! Trevor and I have had a really busy, but FUN, few weeks! First, and most importantly, we are ENGAGED!!! :) A few weeks ago, I came home from work and started my laundry. I opened one of my drawers, which had been empty, and found clothes, shoes, a note, and a rose! The note was from Trevor, of course, and it said that he picked out these clothes for me and that he'd be here to pick me up at 4:30! YEA! Surprise date night! Only problem was that I wasn't supposed to find that until the next day. Oops! So the next day, Thursday, February 4, I was all dressed and ready. Right before he left to come pick me up, Trevor emailed me a slideshow he had made of all these pictures of us set to the song "True Companion" by Marc Cohn. (If you haven't heard that song, look it up right now. Incredible!). So I'm in tears by the time he got to my place to pick me up. We made our way downtown to walk around and find somewhere to have dinner. We got to this really pretty pedestrian bridge that overlooks the mountains and the downtown view. We stood there talking and enjoying the view. Then at sunset, Trevor got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! (more tears at this point!). Of course, I said YES!!! It was, by far, the best moment of my life thus far. Trevor had made dinner reservations at 2 different restaurants. We chose Elway's where they toasted us with champagne and a free desert! Here are a few pictures from that night...

Just engaged!!!

Trevor designed the ring himself. We never went to look together. I wouldn't change a single thing! It's perfect!

Trevor also had a huge, beautiful bouquet of roses waiting for me in the car. He's incredible!



The happy couple!!!


Our free desert from Elway's! It was yummy!

I truly cannot believe how blessed I am to have Trevor in my life. He is so good to me and we have so much fun together. God is doing amazing things in our lives right now and we are so grateful for the blessings! I am so thrilled to spend my life with Trevor and share all that life throws our way. Trevor, you are my true companion! I can't wait for the rest of my life!! We will be getting married July 23, 2010!

Another exciting thing is that my sister, Melanie, and her husband, Christian, welcomed their second baby boy on February 15! Keegan Luke joins Cohen as my 2 favorite little boys in the entire world! Here are a few pictures of the sweet kiddos! I LOVE being Aunt Melissa!




2 comments:

MOM said...

I am soooooo very happy for you & Trevor. He was very creative & romantic the way he planned out the whole evening for the two of you... that is just GREAT! Love you both! MOM

Julie Adams Gray said...

I looked up the Marc Cohn song... Love it!!! Congratulations on your blessings!!!