July 22, 2008

Sweet addictions

My #1 favorite addiction is spending time with my nephew, Cohen. He seriously is the cutest kid on this planet. And I'm not just biased...he really is!! He is so much fun to watch. He is just learning so much and getting so big! I love every minute of it. Check out my sister's blog (link on the right - Melanie Ross) for pictures of him. (I will have to check with Melanie first before I post pictures of him on my blog. I'm sure it's fine, but I want to make sure!).

My number #2 favorite addiction is my shoe collection. I will always maintain that there is not a problem in the world that a new pair of shoes will not either completely fix or at least alleviate for some period of time. I recently went to The Container Store (a whole new post in and of itself!) to buy the new shoe racks I had seen in the summer sale catalog. I bought 2 of them and I was ridiculously excited to get home, put them together, and organize my shoes. I had a blast doing this! A few days later, I went and bought another one...for expansion purposes. My closet isn't quite up to par with the Sex and the City penthouse closet that Big built for Carrie, or the Overboard ship closet that Dean built for Joanna....but I'm working on it!

And finally, my #3 favorite addiction is Red Bull. Many of you know that for quite some time I was seriously addicted to Starbuck's. And I mean, close to needing to go to meetings-type addicted. Well, on my quest to become more financially responsible, I managed to give up the everyday habit. Sigh. I do treat myself every now and again, and I'm sure those treats will become more frequent when the holidays roll around, but for the most part, I would say I am a recovered coffee-holic. However, working nights I still need a little kick going into the shift. One day on my way to work, I had only been able to sleep for a few hours. I stopped at the local (somewhat ghetto) 7 Eleven to get some water, and I decided to try a Red Bull to give me a little pep in my step. :) I'm completely addicted!! I love the stuff! Benefits of the justifiable Red Bull addiction are... a) cheaper than Starbucks, b) MUCH fewer calories than Starbucks, c) I started out on the sugar free kind, so I don't even know the difference, d) it gives me the push going into work that gets me through about 2 or 3 am, and e) (probably the best reason) you can buy it at the grocery store so I no longer have to stop at the ghetto-fabulous, somewhat scary 7 Eleven a few blocks from my place. (Yes I live in the ghetto...again a whole new post in and of itself).

I'm curious as to what everyone else's favorite addictions are and how you justify them....let me know! Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Of course you can post pictures of my precious baby on your blog! I think my only true addiction is to digital scrapbooking...I will put off pretty much anything (especially cleaning) to sit at the computer and scrap! Starbucks might be added to the list once it gets cold again, however!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm addicted to Starbucks, but I've had to give most of it up because I was spending a million dollars giving into my addiction. I try to just take a travel mug full of coffee with me to avoid falling into the trap of passing a tempting Starbucks on my way to the store! I'm addicted to that and to Dr. Pepper or cherry coke.

Leslye said...

Melissa - I am so glad to find your blog. I was looking on Angela's blog and saw your link on her blog list. My sweet addiction is Diet Dr. Pepper. I have at least 2 a day. Although I have not had one all week this week because I am out and have not made it to buy more. I hope you are doing great!! Looking forward to keeping up with you with your blog!!